Wilhelmina Barns-Graham Research Residency at British School at Rome
We are delighted to announce our support for the new Wilhelmina Barns-Graham Research Residency 2024-5 with the British School at Rome extending our support for artists working in Scotland. Travel was an important stimuli for Barns-Graham and she stayed at the British School at Rome at the beginning of her 1955 tour of Italy funded by an Italian Government travel scholarship. During her six-month stay, Barns-Graham produced a large body of drawings of Italian landscapes in Tuscany, Campagna and Sicily.
Call for Applications
The Wilhelmina Barns-Graham Trust, in partnership with the British School at Rome, is delighted to offer a six-week research residency open to artists working in all media, resident in Scotland. The residency will enable the artist to be immersed in Roman culture and art, to undertake research towards developing new work, and to join the BSR’s vibrant international community of researchers and artists.
The fellowship offers:
- a £1000 stipend to cover travel and other expenses
- board and accommodation in a study bedroom at the BSR for six weeks (late September to early November 2024).
- support provided by the BSR Visual Art Residency and Programme Curator and facilitated access to archives, sites, and museum collections not normally open to the public
- 24/7 access to the BSR library
- regular site visits, workshops, seminars, public events programme
- opportunities to collaborate with local artists and groups
Applicants must be:
- of British or Commonwealth nationality and resident in Scotland
Deadline for applications is 11 December 2023. To find out more about the scholarship and how to apply visit: https://bsr.ac.uk/call-for-applications-wilhelmina-barns-graham-research-residency-2024-5/